Fish oil is one of the most commonly consumed dietary supplements. Fish oil is the fat or oil that is extracted from the fish tissue. Usually, oily fish, such as herring, tuna, anchovies, and mackerel are used to make fish oil. Also sometimes it has produced from the livers of other fish. Cod liver oil is one example of that. There is a number of massive benefits of Fish oil has on your body. The world health organization (WHO) suggests eating 1-2 portions of fish per week.
- How many steps per mile-Benefits of walking a mile a day
- 9 amazing benefits of ginger-wow!
- 9 effective ways to maintain a healthy colon
What happens if you rub fish oil on your skin?
It is good to apply fish oil topically to limited areas of the skin with dryness, specially non-oily parts of your face ( like near the eyes) or Rough patches on the body . If your skin is so sensitive and if you are prone to acne , be careful when using fish oil in to your skin. But generally if you rub fish oil on the skin , it will be effective as a moisturizer.
What does fish oil do to your body?
Even though there are benefits Fish oil has on your body, there are some safety issues when taking high doses of fish oil. Taking more than 3 g per day might keep blood from clotting and it can increase the chance of bleeding. High doses of fish oil also can reduce the immunity of your body and may lead to cause infections. So you have to correctly take fish oil inadequate doses without exceeding.
Can fish oil cause skin problems?
It is very rare. Some people who have allergies to fish or shellfish can show abnormal reactions to fish oil. Headache , hives , diarrhea, wheezing and eczema may be the symptoms that they will present . Eczema is the most adverse skin problem that can happen in a person who is allergic to fish oil. It is a rash which is not common .
Is fish oil stored in the body?
Both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are stored in the cell membranes of tissues. They have two main functions… First is , they are structural components of the cell membrane. They ensure stability of the cell and act as gatekeepers in the cell.
But the majority of fish oils are not stored directly. They are digested in the small intestine. This process is called emulsification. And then digested fish oils are absorbed by the body .
Let’s see some benefits of Fish oil has on your body….
1.Aid Weight Loss
Globally 40% of adults are considered as overweight.while 13% are obese . Or maybe higher . Obesity can increase the risk of many diseases, including heart attack, type 2 diabetes , and also cancer . It is proven that fish oil supplements can improve body composition and risk factors for heart disease in obese people .
Also another good advantage of fish oil is, it helps to lose weight in combination with diet and exercise.
2. Fish Oil May support Healthy Skin
As we all know our skin is the largest part in our body. It needs a lot of omega -3 fatty acids for its function. Your skin becomes damaged when getting older . But fish oil supplements can improve skin health. It also has anti-aging properties which beauties your skin.
3. Support Heart Health
Heart diseases are the leading cause of death in the world these days. Studies show that people who eat a lot of fish have lower rates of heart disease. Many risks of heart diseases are reduced by consuming fish or fish oil supplements. When it comes to the benefits of Fish oil has on your body, heart health is an important consideration.
● Cholesterol levels- fish oil can increase the level of good cholesterol (HDL cholesterol) . But it does not reduce bad (LDL cholesterol) in the body . So it is important to reduce intake of bad cholesterol-containing food and improve eating fish and fish oil .
● Blood pressure- fish oil helps to reduce elevated blood pressure in people. Fish oil helps to maintain favorable blood pressure for the proper function of your heart .
● Triglycerides- Consumption of fish oil helps to lower triglycerides about 15-30%
● Plaque- it is a substance that blocks the blood vessels(arteries)in your body . Fish oil can prevent forming plaques that cause your arteries to harden . For those who already have plaques, by taking fish oil it helps to harden the plaques . And prevent ruptures.
● Prevent heart attacks- Arrhythmias are abnormal heart rhythms that can cause heart attacks in some people. Intake of fish oil can reduce the risk of having these fatal arrhythmias.
4. Support to prevent Depression and other mental problems
● Currently depression is a major health hazard. Many people unknowingly have this. It may be due to the modern busy lifestyle that all of us are struggling. People with depression have lower level of omega 3 in blood . Studies prove that omega 3 supplements and fish oil helps to reduce symptoms of depression .
● ADHD(attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)is a mental problem affecting children. These children are hyperactive and they lack their attention. Omega -3 containing Fish oil are given to these children to prevent behavioral disorders in them . Fish oil can improve their attention.
● When we get older our brain function slows down . Then we have an increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Our memory is impaired in this condition. We often forget things when we have Alzheimer’s disease.people who eat more fish and consume fish oil tends to experience a slower decline in brain function when getting older .
● Fish oil can improve memory in healthy older adults.
5. Support Eye health and Bone health
● Like our memory and brain functions, our eye functions also begin to decline in old age. This can lead to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Eating fish and fish oil linked to reducing the risk of AMD. Eating fish oil has reduced the chance of getting eye diseases.
● When we get older our bones also begin to lose their essential minerals. It makes them break easily. Conditions like osteoporosis and osteoarthritis are related to bone health. Calcium and vitamin D are very essential for bone health. At the same time, it has said that omega -3 fatty acids are also beneficial for bone health. Consuming fish oil reduces the chance of bone breakdown and prevents bone diseases.